Thank you to everyone who came out and made this event a success!
Presented by Listers Motor Sports
Thank you to our Ice Fishing Derby Sponsors!
This event invites all winter anglers and ice fishing enthusiasts to join us at Scout Lake!
Instructions will be available for those that request the assistance/are newer to ice fishing.
Snacks, drinks, basic Fishing Kits and Hole Drilling service will be available for sale lake side. (cash only)
Event Pre-Registration will take place online until Thursday March 22nd, and on site March 24th along Scout Lake Rd starting at 8:30 am. All pre-registered participants will need to stop at the Scout Lake Rd station to confirm their attendance, sign their Waivers and receive their judging sheet. We will also advise on parking conditions ahead.
Judging closes at 2pm. Winners will be announced and awards presented at 2:10pm at the judging station.
Prizes for Heaviest fish, both for youth under 16 and adults.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. No line can be dropped before 9 AM, the official start time.
2. All fish to be considered for Derby entry must be delivered to and weighed by a Derby Official (Judge) before 2PM.
3. All participants must register, sign our waiver, and have an angling license (no license required for local First Nations people, or for children under 15 years old).
4. Keep the competition friendly and respectful, unruly behaviour will not be tolerated
5. Yukon Government Fishing Regulations must be followed
Have valid angling license on your person
No live bait
No more than two lines per licensed fisher
No hooks in the water when you are not in eye line of fishing hole
Bring out what you bring in, no trash left behind
Limit number of fish kept to the legal limits
There are several more rules: Know the rules of the law
6. Fish will be measured by Derby Officials only and they have the final say on results
Participants will bring their fish to be weighed to a Derby Official.
Derby Official measure the weight and determine the time the fish was caught.
Information will be recorded by the Derby Official and initialled by the participant as verification of the information
7. Prizes will be given for both Adults and Youth/ Children.
Adult Prizes: Biggest Fish by Weight, 1st, 2nd 3rd.
Youth/ Children : Biggest Fish by Weight, 1st, 2nd 3rd.
If there is a tie in any category a coin toss will determine the winner
8. Derby Officials have the right to cancel, delay, or shorten the tournament, subject to weather of safety conditions
9. Failure to comply with Derby rules may results in disqualification
10. HAVE FUN!!!